James Cook University administers the journal Rural and Remote Health. It is a condition of publication of an article in Rural and Remote Health that the authors of the article consent to the application of a Creative Commons CC-BY to the published article. Since April 2018, all articles published by Rural and Remote Health are open access, meaning that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. This allows readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and to use them for any other lawful purpose without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author (in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) definition of open access).
When publishing on the Journal site authors agree to the following contractual terms:
- the article is an original work;
- the authors are the only proprietors of the copyright in the article;
- the article has not been published elsewhere and is not subject to any existing licence;
- the article is not under consideration by any other publisher;
- the article does not infringe any existing copyright or other rights held by any other party;
- to the best of the author’s knowledge the article contains no defamatory or other unlawful statements; and
- the author has obtained all of the necessary permissions (in writing) for the reproduction of the article, including any text or image, prior to submission.
Prior to publication of the article, all authors will be requested to log on to the Journal site and to indicate agreement to these terms. For the terms of this agreement, see the Licence to Publish.
Rural and Remote Health has taken all reasonable measures to ensure that material contained in this website is the authors' original work.